Thursday, December 20, 2007

Happy Holidays!

Aloha!



Happy Holidays to everybody!



Still on going to the online forums...I have been offline for quite a while, my Mom and Dad both passed away this year, Mom in January and Dad in October. It has been a very difficult time. My brother and I are in the process of selling the home, which Dad threw into a reverse mortgage, so the loan is now due and payable and we cannot afford to keep the home in the family. Our home here in Hawaii is our family home now.



Christmas in Hawaii. 80 degrees cool, sunny and Holiday lights up everywhere. The first year we lived here, 1995, was a record breaking heat wave year with Holiday temps up into the 90's! I swear I was going to kill my husband for bringing me here. After 12 years I have acclimated and I think my blood thinned out, so I can actually tell the changing of the Seasons. Did you know the full moon will be on Christmas Eve? Right on! The tree is downstairs soaking in water and smells just wonderful.



My "real" job laid me off last week Thursday. No severance pay, nothing. Downsizing I was told. Well, I choose to look at this in a positive light. I can now spend some time building my online business at Send Out Cards. It is not too late to still mail out you Holiday Greetings! With Send Out Cards mailing out multiple times daily to make sure your cards get there on time.



For all of you animal lovers, like me, I just sent away for a free sample of cat food and ran across a great link about cats and their behavior. As you know I have rescued 6 of them as well as 3 dogs, so we have a full house. I will take all the free samples I can get! Click here for information on your cat and behaviors, I have learned alot about them just by having six of them! Scampers is my alpha female and she really doesn't want anything to do with the rest of the pride. She thinks she is people, is 10 years old now, and still "scampering" about. Rusty, my alpha male, brought up all the younger kitties as we rescued them, "nursing" them from his front leg! Now my two younger males, Bo and Mikki, even though all my animals are spayed or neutered have a nasty little habit of pissing on the walls, marking their turf, or on any rug I have down in the home. Anybody can shed some light on that one for me? Email to: lsorens@gmail.com with "Cat Behavior" in the subject box so I don't delete you!

What are your favorite shows on T.V.? Mine is Law and Order, especially Criminal Intent, more specifically, Vincent Di'Nofrio's character. It moved to USA Network new and we record it so we don't miss it every week. Vincent Di'Nofrio and Katherine Erbe's charactors are just great! Chris Noth has recently joined the cast also, he has been in Law and Order since it's inception and is really a good actor as well. Can anybody tell me what happened to the original Law and Order? I know Sam Waterson is now D.A. but I can't seem to find the show anywhere.

Got any last minute shopping to do? Or anytime you need to shop, we all know about e-bay. I recently got involved in it, working as an affiliate. It is a Fortune 500 company now, did you know that? Go here to shop, and go here to find out how you can profit. This business has a low start up cost and is not MLM, no phone calls, no selling, just advertise for these Fortune 500 companies and their staff does all the calling and selling. They are good, believe me, I got in! After almost 8 years now online, I am not an easy sell, either. Plus, I can advertise my Send Out Cards business on my site, which the company sets up for me.

Still at the online forums meeting new contacts and networking. I think the Internet has changed so much in the last 8 years. I remember when you could actually email people and the email would get to them. The spam filters are so high now that it is near impossible to market that way, although I still use Group Mail. It is effective and quick. You can even get a free version, but you have to limit your groups to 100 contacts at a time.

My online handle is Alohalady! I have "branded" myself which also helps you when you are trying to earn from home and get out of the "rat race!" Every morning I watch the local news and traffic and Thank God I am not in it anymore.

Check some of my earlier posts for links to the online forums or email to lsorens@gmail.com with "Online Forums" in the subject box. I can then "whitelist" you and you won't get deleted. I am merciless with that delete key!

I look forward to any replies to this post

Alohalady



No comments: