Saturday, September 1, 2012

Where Did August Go?!

 
 
 
Wow! September 1st already! August went by so fast and hot and humid and furious. Thank God that I live in Hawaii and can exercise at the beach. There is some kind of magnetic field in the ocean that just makes you feel so refreshed. Of course, I am physically unable to boogie board anymore, so I walk the shoreline and just get in the water and do arm circles and leg exercises. I swear last weekend I saw a small shark! Just after watching Shark Week on TV and I look down from where I was treading water and saw about maybe 2-3 foot long, what my husband said is probably a sand shark. Well, I was soo out of that water! He likes to swim and was supposed to go to the Olympics for Swimming, set records at his high school that still have not been broken, and he told me that he had seen some white tips much further out in the water than I choose to venture!
That is a pic of me and my old dog, Bob, who is 15 and a half years old! I love my best friend so much! I hope we check out at the same time, because I cannot even bear the thought of losing him. He is very smart and very special! Last blog I put a pic of him cleaning out my yogurt container very carefully and considerately. He used to boogie board with me, until he got whipped up in the shorebreak one day! We taught him to swim when he was just a little guy!
 
Of course, all the animals are pretty slow moving in the heat of the day .here on the West Coast of Oahu. I am not complaining! Hell, no, not when I see temps up to 115 degrees on the mainland! About the middle of August Eric, my husband, came home from shopping and said "I have a surprise for you" and in the back of the pickup was my dream dog! Female, blue, American Pitt Bull Terrier, a little white stripe on her chest and little white toes! I was like OMG! What are we going to do with her? We can't let her inside because of the cats plus our two older dogs, we gotta introduce them slowly.....Our kennels are not finished..she is very well cared for and somebody is missing her! He had found her running around by the Waianae Vet and McDonalds, he was afraid she would get hit by a car so he grabbed her. That is what we do rescue animals in distress! We ended up finding the collar Bob had when he went "missing" a couple of years ago and ended up at the ASPCA, and we had to use a cable to contain her in the side kennel area. I always had wanted a dog just like her, but at the same time, we aren't equiped for more animal costs right now and our kennels are incomplete. Long story short (too late already!) I called the Vet in the morning and told the girl we had found the dog. Later that day she called me back and the dogs owner had called her as well looking for her baby! When I spoke to her on the phone, she was so happy! How well I knew those tears of happiness from when I found Bob! So it is not time yet for me to have my "perfect dream dog" and that's okay, I know the blessings come when you are ready for them! We are constantly fund raising for our animal rescue cause and you can just hit the donate button. No donation is too large or too small and very much  appreciated!
 
 
I have some excellent resources from my online tool kit that I would like to share with you today.
 
If you market online you already know that to make any money you need to generate traffic to your site. With so many opportunities and so many people trying to do the same thing it can become very difficult to get pulled up on the first page of the Search Engine. That is why it is so important that your ads, blogs, classifieds, articles, etc, are keyword rich. You can obtain FREE videos on traffic generation here:
 
 
It really is a numbers game. The more traffic, visitors, prospects or what ever you like to call them, the more chance you have of converting them into customers. It is also a matter of building relationships with your prospects. You can do this really efficiently with the use of an autoresponder that will give your prospects something of value throughout it's course as well as introduce them to your products that will bring in the large commissions to your business. So they get to know you throughout the course of the messages you are sending them, they have opted in, so NO SPAM, and you have a chance to build a relationship with them. You can find autoresponders all over the 'Net from free and up, but the one I have found to be the best, with excellent customer service and also an excellent blog mailed to me on how to make your messages better! Click here and you get your first month for $1.00!
 
So Happy September 2012! Some of you folks on the mainland are starting to go into fall, or in California, Indian Summer. I love it there at this time of year. The days are warm and the nights chilly. Here we are waiting on the Big North Swells to start hitting the West Coast of Oahu, especially Makaha Surfing Beach. Best time of the year to get a tan and try to get rid of my soft stomach. After 2 surgeries, one last December and one last April 2012, I need alot more than crunches.
 
 
Stay Cool!
 

No comments: